Geografica: An Example of the Effective Use of Social Media and New Forms of Scientific Outreach

    Good morning, partners. I hope it's been a good week for you and that you're having a successful end to the semester. Keep up the good work with all those courses to finish and close. This is the third-to-last blog of the course, and the last one that will cover a different topic, as the final blog will be a farewell and the next week blog will be a commentary on aspects related to the final exam, which I hope to pass. The topic for today is about... (drumroll)

An Interesting Person I Follow on Social Media

Social media is currently fundamental in the daily lives of young people (like me?), and even adults. We spend a significant part of the day scrolling through Instagram or other platforms, looking at our smartphones. That's why, for me, it's increasingly important to consider who and what appears on our social media feeds. Someone I deeply admire, and whom I will talk about, is the Instagram profile @_geografica, the profile of a geography graduate named Camila Osorio.

I chose to talk about this profile because I believe it's an example of how social media can be used to disseminate knowledge and capture the attention of young people and children who have access to these platforms. On this profile, she shares various posts about geography, its importance, and various topics and issues in the current world, seen from a geographical perspective. Additionally, another reason that led me to choose this profile is that I have followed her progress since the beginning of her profile when we were few followers, until today when she has almost 9 thousand followers and growing. Moreover, all this content has increased my passion for the field and has reminded me why I chose it in moments when I don't feel as motivated.

Finally, another point that makes me want to talk about her is the dedication she has to the page and to those who follow her, always taking the time to respond and interact with a good disposition, something that is highly valued considering the time it takes to do so. All these reasons make me believe that she is a very interesting person to follow, read and emulate on social media.

Many regards, and I'll see you in the next blog to bid farewell

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts